Wednesday 25 May 2011

Was that you in the paper?

This week has been a mass of bead deliveries.  Its been like Christmas but on a shinier scale, yes really!  One of the wonderful things about working with precious gems is the wonderful array of colours you get, one gem can have loads of varieties and just when you think you've found your favourite another comes along.  I liken them to a box of chocolates, you have general favourites, maybe one actual total favourite and others you can see a reason for and like just because they add variety to the box.  There are also the ones you don't like so much but someone in your house likes so there is still a reason to have them there.  I am going to move away from the chocolate analogy as its 3.30pm and I get a sugar dip at this time every day and always end up eating something belonging to one of the kids!!

We had another article in a newspaper about Ruby and Rose Jewellery today, this one has been put away safely until I get round to framing it.  The last one is covered in kiss marks (my kids got hold of it!)  The pic in it is lovely, I really like it!  The photographer was over yesterday to take it and he rendered my mum speechless, no idea why, she just couldn't get any words out.........which was nice ;)

So after a busy week already I am wondering what the rest of the week holds, but tonight is Apprentice night, I'm hooked!


(since I have mentioned my 'kids' a few times, I thought I would upload a pic of one of our pieces which happens to be named after my little princess.....this is the Ava Bracelet)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice :) keep up the blogging. Nice to see all your recent interviews and photos :)

    ReplyDelete